Family Health West is looking for a RN House Supervisor for our Colorado Canyons Hospital and Medical Center.
The RN House Supervisor provides appropriate nursing care to Hospital and Emergency Department patients. This position will directly or indirectly provide for all aspects of patient care in routine and emergency situations. This position will make critical decisions based on assessment and experience. This position will initiate effective communication with family, physicians and staff. This position requires the competent performance of clinical skills within the scope of nursing practices and to maintain clear and accurate documentation. The RN House Supervisor is responsible for facilitating the appropriate use of resources on assigned shifts, by guiding charge nurses in their decision-making and assignment of personnel, by coordinating staffing needs house wide and by obtaining and ensuring the appropriate use of equipment and supplies. The RN House Supervisor provides administrative decision making and assists with coordination of patient flow, patient placement, and other patient services through collaboration with administrative/supervisory staff, physicians, charge nurses and ancillary support staff across all hospital departments. The house supervisor provides direction and guidance for hospital staff in interpretation/application of policies and procedures, problem solving, utilization and assignment of nursing resources, response to patient/family complaints/concerns.
This position will rotate day shift and night shift.
Benefits Package: Family Health West offers excellent Health & Dental Benefits ~ Matching Retirement Plan (employees 100% vested in plan from day one) ~ PTO Availability, to name just a few of the great benefits offered to our employees.
- Must be currently licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Colorado and in good standing
- ACLS, BLS and PALS certifications required
- TNCC certification within 6 months of hire.
- Must be able to perform venipuncture and IV therapy.
- Must have at least two years critical care nursing and one year experience as a Floor Supervisor.
- Candidate must be able to rotate weekends and holidays, and rotate on-call.
- Must have excellent leadership, team building and communications skills.
- Must be able to read, write and verbalize English.